how to connect 100 sensors (potentiometers) ?

hi everyone. I have a question and wanted to ask you. Is there a way to connect 100 sensors (potentiometers) to arduino pins? how difficult is it? i am new in arduino and i am searching for simple way :)

thanks for any help guys

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum". OR http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

What is the application that needs you to read 100 potentiometers?

It is possible with analog switching, but it depends on the speed that you want to sense each pot. What will be the voltage range of the analog voltage?

You can only read one at a time, unless you have more than one ADC, put processing the data can only be done one input at a time.

Tom... :)

Look for some I2C analog module.

By memory, I belive you can get some 8 x analog, that eill require 1 I2C adress

TomGeorge: Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum". OR http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

What is the application that needs you to read 100 potentiometers?

It is possible with analog switching, but it depends on the speed that you want to sense each pot. What will be the voltage range of the analog voltage?

You can only read one at a time, unless you have more than one ADC, put processing the data can only be done one input at a time.

Tom... :)

i am trying to make camera image sensor (50x50 pixels). just for fun :) sensors - common photodiode and receive data from them to my pc

what is analog switching? may be there is a way to use Multiplexer insteade?

pls correct me if ia am wrong. I will need 7 analog ADC modules?
like this:

genia1991: i am trying to make camera image sensor (50x50 pixels). just for fun :) sensors - common photodiode and receive data from them to my pc

That would be 2500 photodiodes, not 100. Might be more practical to use 50 and scan the image.

i see. so thanks everyone for help . i understood the difficult of the project )

"Is there a way to connect 100 sensors (potentiometers) to arduino pins?"

You probably could do it using analog multiplex chips.

zoomkat: "Is there a way to connect 100 sensors (potentiometers) to arduino pins?"

You probably could do it using analog multiplex chips.

thanks for your reply