How to connect a 1621 LCD?

I picked up what seems to be a 1621 LCD, but i cant seem to get it to work. I used the original LCD circuit. following the pinout accordingly, but still nothing. Can anyone help me out? ...Thanks in advance :) :)

here is some info about the LCD..

http://www.vitek.com.tw/character-module/16x2.html

That particular LCD module has it's connections at the lower left portion of the pc board whereas most modules have their connections at the upper left.

In many cases although the pin assignments for these modues are standard the pin locations are not -- and yours is no exception.

Starting from the outside edge the pins are normally numbered 1, 2, 3, . . . 15, 16.

In your case they are numbered 14, 13, 12, . . . 1, 16, 15.

Don

Thanks for the response Don, I'm aware that the pin assignment is different from the commonly used 1602A LCD. I connected the 1621 LCD the same way you would connect a 1602A, for the LiquidCrystal library. the problem is it doesn't work, i'm wondering if the KS0066 controller of this LCD isn't compatible with HD44780 controller code. but i'm not sure. What do you think?

I connected the 1621 LCD like this...

|500x276

The KS0066 is 100% command-compatible with the HD44780.

Check your contrast - maybe the display is one meant for wide temperature-swing and then may need a negative voltage at pin3 to give you enough contrast.

// Per.

Hey Zapro and Don ! Thanks for the advice. i got it working now :) i think its just loose wiring. Thanks again :)

Greetings from the Philippines! :) :D

-ignaz