how to connect a laser to the Arduino CNC Shield

I hope someone can help here.
I have a DIY Laser engraver, I am at the point of hooking up the laser. It is a 500Mw blue laser with a controller board and fan. there are 2 connections, 1 is for the fan the other is the laser. There is a diode between the red and black wire coming from the laser board. Where do these wires go to control the laser. CNC Shield is v3.0 I do not have an abundance of electronic savey.
Thank You for the help

Too bad if you cannot give the information required to answer your questions :frowning:

Provide that information, and you'll get more useful answers.

OK, I'll try to make it as clear as I can:

laser unit has two sets of black and red wires going to two plugs in the laser controller board. above each of those input plugs are out put plugs, one is for the cooling fan and the other is for the laser which has a resistor attached across the wires.
on my CNC Shield board, where do I plug in the fan wires and where do I plug the laser to??
I have read two possible locations.

1. into the Z+ pins for the laser and the fan in to the 5v/grnd pins
  2. the laser into the spindle control pins
    So, where do I plug these two wires into to get the laser to work?

Which exact laser? Where did you get it? Show us a link to the datasheet.

https://www.amazon.com/Bestselling-adjustable-focusing-engraving-controller/dp/B07943HD5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526329684&sr=8-1&keywords=500mw+blue+laser

This is where I purchased the laser and TTL

Usually red means plus. DC/AC 12V may mean polarity is unimportant. Eventually you can use 12V AC and switch it by a SSR.

DrDiettrich:
Usually red means plus. DC/AC 12V may mean polarity is unimportant. Eventually you can use 12V AC and switch it by a SSR.

Hopefully two of the wires are to a sensor for the temperature of the laser diode.

Paul

found the right hookup for the two wires. one goes to the 12v power supply the other goes to the X+Axis pin out. Everything is working fine. Thank you all for the help, much appreciated..