How to connect and interface MPU-6050 to Arduino MKRZero using I2C port

I have been looking at guides on how to use the MPU-6050 (naturally I bought the cheapest one off ebay), but not all of the guides are the same and it is painfully confusing to me. I read that this chip uses the I2C protocol for communication. I don't know much about this topic, but I do know that my MKRZero comes with an additional I2C port, great! So instead of connecting via the pins, I want to use this connector, but none of the guides feature this method. Looking at the I2C port, it has pins for GND, SDA, SCL, Digital 7, and 5V. The MPU-6050 I bought has all of those pins (except digital 7), but additionally has XCL, XDA, ADO, and INT pins. Where are those supposed to go?

So lets say I finally figure out how to connect the two. I found this library for the MPU-6050 which looks super easy to use and does everything I want, but it uses the wire library, which I don't fully grasp, so I don't know if my pin I/O location affects this, or if it works universally. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Please specify what your problem is. The Wire library is the standard I2C library on the Arduino platform so it's straight-forward that any I2C sensor library is building on it.

The library you're using doesn't need any of the other MPU-6050 pins (other than standard I2C). Connect AD0 to GND to set the I2C address to the value your library expects. Don't connect the other pins.

ryan_pelo: The MPU-6050 I bought has all of those pins (except digital 7), but additionally has XCL, XDA, ADO, and INT pins. Where are those supposed to go?

Tie the ADO pin to V+ to enable the alternate I2C address.

As an FYI. The MPU6050 supports a programmable interrupt ( INT ) and a seperate I2C bus (XCL, XDA) that, with some register settings, can read data, such as from a magnetometer, process the magnetometer, integrate the magnetometer information, and provide the information to the Arduino, RPi, ESP, and so forth. This way the Arduino does not have to process the magnetometer and integrate the info into the MPU60X0 output data.

Tie the ADO pin to V+ to enable the alternate I2C address.

The OP's library doesn't support the alternate address.