How to connect HX711 to Arduino?

Hello,

I have a load cell connected to a HX711 amplifier. In the internet there are instructions for two versions of connecting the HX711 to the Arduino. Some people connect the data and clock to digital pins and some to analog pins. What is the difference? Which way is better? Or doesn't it matter at all?

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Greetings from Germany cave2596

I'd connect it to digital pins to control the clock and data flow. Looks pretty easy to use. Never heard of Avia Semiconductor.

BTW, just found a breakout board at Sparkfun here with lots of info and links to sample Arduino code

justjohn: BTW, just found a breakout board at Sparkfun here with lots of info and links to sample Arduino code

Yes, there are some instructions around, but as I already mentioned, some use digital and some use analog pins. In my fist test, I used analog pins and it seemed to work. So where is the difference?

cave2596: Yes, there are some instructions around, but as I already mentioned, some use digital and some use analog pins. In my fist test, I used analog pins and it seemed to work. So where is the difference?

Should be no difference since analog pins can be configured as digital pins. I was under the impression that you were referring to code that in some way was using the analog pins as analog input pins for intefacing the device, which would seem really strange. It's just good practice in my opinion to use digital pins for digital I/O so you don't at some time, for example, expand a project and use one of the libraries such as the "wire" library, for example, that uses A4 and A5 for SDA and SCL - just things like that. But if this is all your project does, then no problem at all.