how to connect multiple buzzers to one arduino?

Hi there, I am trying to connect 24 buzzers to one arduino diecimilla in order to play a musical piece. Since the arduino has only 6pwm output pins i thought i should buy an IC led driver for expanding the analog pins. The problem is that i am not dealing with leds but with buzzers, so i am wondering if anyone has already tried to connect buzzers to ic led drivers and if it could work. In case of a negative answer, i wonder what could be the alternative (other than pluging four arduinos to my computer), do you have a diferent sugestion?

Thanks.

Does each buzzer have to be fed with its own frequency? In which case why 24 of them unless you want 24 way poliphany. PWM outputs are not for audio. Do these buzzers depend on the drive signal to generate a tone or is a tone generated by application of a single drive level?

As Grumpy_Mike meant, PWM gives you control over dutycycle not over frequency (well, not in a useful way for this purpose).

You will have to manually output the waveforms. I think arduino has a function to help with that, but there’s a few ways you might have problems using it for more than one output at a time.

Why do you need 24 separate buzzers? You can play different notes on the same buzzer by playing a different frequency, and the only reason to have more than one is to play more than one note at the same time (this is the poliphony that Grumpy_Mike meant).

You can play different notes on the same buzzer by playing a different frequency, and the only reason to have more than one is to play more than one note at the same time (this is the poliphony that Grumpy_Mike meant).

Depends on the buzzer. Some come with their own hardwired circuitry to a fixed frequency, but with a volume that can be changed by varying the voltage.

Depends on the buzzer. Some come with their own hardwired circuitry to a fixed frequency, but with a volume that can be changed by varying the voltage.

Varying the voltage is not the same thing as pulsing the voltage on and off at rates in the audio range. I suppose you could condition it with capacitors, but I don't think that's what the OP was talking about since he's talking about playing different notes.