How to connect multiple MC4131 digital pots

I have a project in mind in which I need to control 3, perhaps 4, MC4131 digital pots with an Uno board. Is this possible and if so could someone please show me the necessary code?

Thanks so much,
Bruce

Check how many, and which pins each unit needs and if You can choose those pins freely.

Well, the IC comes in an 8-pin DIP package. Pin 1 is marked CS, which, from the pdf is the Chip Select, and I'm assuming this pin would connect to one of the Uno's digital pins. Pin 2 is SCK (clock?) and pin 3 is marked SDI/SDO (I have no idea what that is...). From what I can ascertain, the SCK and SDI/SDO pins of multiple pot chips can connect in parallel to the Uno while the chip select pins each need a dedicated digital pin. I suppose my main question is what pins on the Uno are the SCK and SDI/SDO pins? Also, I'm guessing that multiple pot chips should probably have their own 5v supply rather than connecting to the Uno's. Sorry for my ignorance with this but I'm new to Arduino programming.

Google is your friend.

Tutorial:
http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/MCP4131-digital-potentiometer-circuit.php

Library:

bnelson218:
Well, the IC comes in an 8-pin DIP package. Pin 1 is marked CS, which, from the pdf is the Chip Select, and I'm assuming this pin would connect to one of the Uno's digital pins. Pin 2 is SCK (clock?) and pin 3 is marked SDI/SDO (I have no idea what that is...). From what I can ascertain, the SCK and SDI/SDO pins of multiple pot chips can connect in parallel to the Uno while the chip select pins each need a dedicated digital pin. I suppose my main question is what pins on the Uno are the SCK and SDI/SDO pins? Also, I'm guessing that multiple pot chips should probably have their own 5v supply rather than connecting to the Uno's. Sorry for my ignorance with this but I'm new to Arduino programming.

Yes, SCK is Serial Clock and SDI/SDO something like Serial Data In/Out. It looks like SPI, a communication technic. Do some search for SPI. There is a library containing useful stuff for that.

You 've got it. CS, Chip Select, is used to select the I/O device. The library most likely handles that.

bnelson218:
what pins on the Uno are the SCK and SDI/SDO pins?

SCK is pin 13. SDI/SDO are multiplexed on the chip. They correspond to UNO MOSI/MISO. See attachment.

Search multiplexed SDI/SDO and/or multiplexed SPI.

Arduino_Uno_Rev3-schematic.pdf (81.4 KB)