How to connect oled and cmos to arduino?

Hi,

How can I connect an oled like this one: bit.ly/2VjuRKa and cmos camera like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32808332028.html to an arduino?

Is it possible to control the camera just with the osd menu? Do I actually need an arduino to control the camera? In any case, I don't want to use a rasperry pi.

How can I connect the camera to an arduino? The camera seems to have a rca cable. Is there any hdmi or micro usb cable with osd button to connect the camera to the arduino?

Also, do you know about any micro (2'') round oled display with a resolution of 960p or higher?

Thank you in advance.

How can I connect the camera to an arduino?

The Arduino is not good for video, it has insufficient memory and processing power. That camera specifically has too high a resolution for any Arduino, even the MKRVIDOR4000.

As to the OLED board there is insufficient information to be able to tell. It has a HDMI connector, why and what for? It also has a micro USB connector which means it is a USB client, so you would need a host shield or an Arduino capable of being able to act as a USB host. And then there is no information about what it expects to receive over this link.

So without a lot more information the answer must be no.

You might want to consider raspberry pi or similar rather than any kind of Arduino. But even then, do your research carefully before you buy.

Grumpy_Mike:
The Arduino is not good for video, it has insufficient memory and processing power. That camera specifically has too high a resolution for any Arduino, even the MKRVIDOR4000.

As to the OLED board there is insufficient information to be able to tell. It has a HDMI connector, why and what for? It also has a micro USB connector which means it is a USB client, so you would need a host shield or an Arduino capable of being able to act as a USB host. And then there is no information about what it expects to receive over this link.

So without a lot more information the answer must be no.

Thanks for the answer. I don't want video, just to see 1 photo with an exposure of max 30 sec.

PaulRB:
You might want to consider raspberry pi or similar rather than any kind of Arduino. But even then, do your research carefully before you buy.

Thanks for your answer. I would prefer not to use a computer, including rasperri pi.

As far as I'm concerned, I can use the camera without a computer.

I have been told that I have to connect the screen and camera to a HDMI Upscaler like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-AV-TO-HDMI-VGA-TO-HDMI-Video-Converter-Adapter-720p-1080p-Upscaler-RF2017/172773765989?hash=item283a1e7365:g:nEEAAOSw3YJZXvJh

Will this work without the need of an arduino?

Does the screen has to have a resolution at least the same as the camera and the hdmi converter?

alfa015:
Thanks for the answer. I don't want video, just to see 1 photo with an exposure of max 30 sec.

You still have exactly the same problem whether it is a still or a sequence of stills.

As far as I'm concerned, I can use the camera without a computer.

So why are you asking about connecting it to an Arduino?

Does the screen has to have a resolution at least the same as the camera and the hdmi converter?

No so long as the electronics in the screen can do the down conversion.

What exactly are you trying to do? So far you are just telling us what you think is the problem you have to solve. This is called an X-Y problem. Google it if you have not come across this term.

Grumpy_Mike:
You still have exactly the same problem whether it is a still or a sequence of stills.
So why are you asking about connecting it to an Arduino?
No so long as the electronics in the screen can do the down conversion.

What exactly are you trying to do? So far you are just telling us what you think is the problem you have to solve. This is called an X-Y problem. Google it if you have not come across this term.

Oh, sorry I thought the arduino wasn't a computer, but a micro-controller.

What I would like to do is to connect the camera to the screen, and manage the camera just with the osd menu.

and manage the camera just with the osd menu.

What osd menu?

alfa015:
Oh, sorry I thought the arduino wasn't a computer, but a micro-controller.

A micro-controller is a type of computer. Unlike most desktops/laptops, or RPi, they usually do not have an operating system, but they do have a CPU. Give them code and data and they can compute something.

alfa015:
What I would like to do is to connect the camera to the screen, and manage the camera just with the osd menu.

I seriously doubt that the camera will connect to the screen directly.

Grumpy_Mike:
What osd menu?

Something like this: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32819670153.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.87df6c0dOikgSH&algo_pvid=5aae9259-3ad9-4968-92d1-5f06e67a9191&algo_expid=5aae9259-3ad9-4968-92d1-5f06e67a9191-25&btsid=5db2c065-21c7-4e4e-a1b0-088aa216b763&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_53

PaulRB:
A micro-controller is a type of computer. Unlike most desktops/laptops, or RPi, they usually do not have an operating system, but they do have a CPU. Give them code and data and they can compute something.
I seriously doubt that the camera will connect to the screen directly.

But, from my understanding, I can connect a camera to a monitor directly: How to Connect a Security Camera to a TV Monitor

Yes, but a camera module is not a camera and an oled module is not a monitor. A camera and a monitor both have extra circuits built in to make them more compatible with a wider range of other pieces of equipment. Look at the specifications of the camera module and the oled module you pasted page addresses for in your first post. What interface do they have in common?

Something like this: .....

But that is a cable!

I think you are way out of your depth here.

Grumpy_Mike:
But that is a cable!

I think you are way out of your depth here.

haha yes

I finally made it work btw, no micro-controller needed

thanks for your time!

We would like to see this magic trick.