How to connect PC to Arduino through wireless communication? ( new to arduino)

Hello, I am new to this Arduino software and will be using arduino for my project. So can i check how do i connect my arduino uno to my laptop through wireless? and what are the stuff i need to get before proceeding to do the wireless? Thanks all for the help. Thanks

Bluetooth is probably the simplest and cheapest. You will need a Bluetooth module such as a HC05 or HC06

With something like an ESP8266 you could use WiFi.

The Arduino Yun has WiFi as standard.

...R

I am not sure how much the bluetooth modules are (for comparison) but I am currently using the Dragino Yun Shield which basically can upgrade any arduino to have most of the features of the Yun (it looks like it does everything but have a SD card slot) so if you already have an Arduino it is a good choice but it is around $35 but it will give you more power, wifi and ethernet for about the same price as just a wifi shield (from what I have seen).

Bluetooth is a pretty obvious choice and you almost certainly have bluetooth on your laptop already. The programming is the same as that for a serial connection by cable, no extra learning required. An HC-05 module costs about $5. You can use any freebie terminal programme on the laptop. I use RealTerm.

Disclaimer: I am a relative noob.

I would second/third bluetooth. I have ESP8266 and HC05/HC-06 and found bluetooth far easier and more reliable than ESP8266 and wifi.

If you can use the serial monitor then you can use bluetooth.

Thanks so much for the help. I have check on the internet and some youtube video. is it possible to do wireless connection from the laptop to the arduino uno using xbee?

BoyBrand: Thanks so much for the help. I have check on the internet and some youtube video. is it possible to do wireless connection from the laptop to the arduino uno using xbee?

I have never used XBee but I believe there is a module that connects to a PC through USB. Obviously you also need an XBee module for your Arduino.

...R