How to connect usb barcode with arduino using usb to serial converter?

i want to connect barcode to arduino as serial.read(), is it possible if i use a usb to serial adapter?
help me please!

You should not have posted this question in this forum section. There are notices that make this quite clear. Your question is not an introductory tutorial. I suggest you flag your post so the moderators can move it to a suitable section of the forum.

Also the answer to your question is no.

thanks for the notification, and what should I use to be able to connect it?

Did you flag your post and request it be moved yet?

For one thing, you need a board that can act as a usb host. Then you need a library or driver for the scanner.

I'm assuming you meant to say a barcode scanner. A barcode is a series of black and white stripes printed on something.

Moved to a more appropriate part of the forum.

yes i did.

can i make a usb host with ic ft232rl? if not, what should I use? and please give me a suggestion or schematic example to make a usb host.

thanks

to which forum exactly should I move it?

I moved it for you - to project guidance.

thanks a lot

There is a USB Host library for Arduino Due, or you can get some USB Host "shields" for regular arduinos. Otherwise use something like a Pi Zero that has a built in host capability.

If you have a barcode scanner, please provide a link to it. What is the interface of the scanner? If it is a USB Scanner, you indeed need a host interface. What arduino board are you using?

i using arduino uno

As already stated, you need a USB host interface to connect to this scanner. An arduino UNO ist not able to act as a host without additional hardware.
And you need a software / a suitable library to connect to the scanner.
If you want to write the software yourself, you need a description of the interface protokoll of the scanner.

i just wanna make self a usb host, what should i do?

Buy an UNO compatible host shield, install a suitable library and hope that the library supports your scanner. Many scanner act like an USB keyboard, what usually is supported by a host library.

1 Like

The page you linked to says

Easy to use, without the need for a driver

I guess that means it must behave like a USB keyboard, like @MicroBahner suggested.

I suggest you experiment with the scanner plugged into a pc or laptop. Open a blank text document and try scanning some barcodes. Does that work?

yes, it's work well

what do i need to do without using arduino usb host shield?

Perhaps you have not understood what we are trying to tell you. To use this scanner with Uno you must have a USB host shield.

The alternatives are to use a type of Arduino with USB host capability built-in. Or use a Raspberry Pi perhaps.

i mean, how can i make my own arduino usb host shield or how can i crack it?

I suggest you study at a university for a degree in electronic engineering.