How to control 2 dc motors

Hello to everyone,
I hope you are doing well.
I'm new with electronics and arduino. I have a little project I want to do. Actually I want to control 2 dc motors with my mobile phone via bluetooth.

I want the first motor to rotate anti-clockwise ( from 0° to 180°) then clockwise (from 180° to 0°). then I want the second motor to rotate anti-clockwise (from 0° to 360°) to pause a few seconds then to rotate clockwise (from 360° to 0°).

Precisely, I would like to tell the motors how to rotate through my mobile phone via bluetooth.

Please I beg you to tell me which specific electronic components I have to use (Arduino uno, dc motors, etc) how to connect them and how to program them.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

dexter2005:
Hello to everyone,
I hope you are doing well.
I'm new with electronics and arduino. I have a little project I want to do. Actually I want to control 2 dc motors with my mobile phone via bluetooth.

I want the first motor to rotate anti-clockwise ( from 0° to 180°) then clockwise (from 180° to 0°). then I want the second motor to rotate anti-clockwise (from 0° to 360°) to pause a few seconds then to rotate clockwise (from 360° to 0°).

Precisely, I would like to tell the motors how to rotate through my mobile phone via bluetooth.

Please I beg you to tell me which specific electronic components I have to use (Arduino uno, dc motors, etc) how to connect them and how to program them.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

Doesn't work that way. You go first! Tell us what motors you want to control, specifically, and the current and voltages they require. Tell us the power supply you will be using. Tell us what volt-Ohmmeter you are using to measure the voltages and current of your project.
Good luck,
Paul

I want to control 2 dc motors of 7-12 v and max 2A.
I want to use 1 external battery of 9volt.
I don't use any volt-Ohmmeter to measure the voltages and current of my project. Please could you suggest one?
Thank you very much

9V battery, such as 6x AA, C, or D battery pack? A little rectangular 9V battery won’t power one, it doesn’t have enough capacity.
I have one of these EXTECH meters EX310
https://www.coleparmer.com/i/extech-ex310-mini-manual-ranging-multimeter-voltage-detector/2000528?PubID=MP&persist=True&ip=no&gclid=Cj0KCQiAs5eCBhCBARIsAEhk4r4LRQPyROg_uyMvvnhMKCD2vJBBUronjzDtQleRj5ApG_qKYkVARcoaAq2nEALw_wcB

and also a model MN36.

One or both came with temperature probes also, which have come in handy during reflow soldering temperature monitoring.

(just checked, my main is an EX330, the EX310 is very similar, but is not autoranging)

dexter2005:
I want to control 2 dc motors of 7-12 v and max 2A.
I want to use 1 external battery of 9volt.
I don’t use any volt-Ohmmeter to measure the voltages and current of my project. Please could you suggest one?
Thank you very much

I suggest you get any meter that fits you budget.
If you are considering a 9 volt battery of the type that goes in a smoke alarm, it may run one of you motors for about 30 seconds.
Paul

Thank you very much for your answers. Please what battery can I use to power my project?

And which are the electronic components I have to use for the project and how do I connect and Program them?

Thank you very much.

You are asking us to make engineering decisions based on insufficient information. Engineering is not guess work. We need facts.

How much precision do you need for those angles? For precise angular positioning you will need to use stepper motors or DC motors with encoders or servos.

How fast do the movements need to be (in degrees per second)?

What is the mass that the motors must move?

What is the average current draw of the project versus time?

How long must the battery last between changes/charges?

Those questions need to be answered before you pick a motor. Only then you can decide on a motor driver and a battery supply with the proper voltage and current capability.

DC motors don't do position control, for that you'd have to add encoders and a feedback loop.

Perhaps you are needing stepper motors?

And before you answer best to visit https://xyproblem.info

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.