How to control a brushless motor36v 250w 3 phases, sensored?

hello everybody,
i think everythink is in the title
if someby can help me ?
thank u

I'm sure if you typed that exact title into eBay, you would have a large number of motor controllers showing up. Many of them would probably do whatever it is that you want this motor to do.

that i can control with arduino? can't fine

may be i found http://kellycontroller.com/kbs48051x25a24-48v-mini-brushless-dc-controller-p-503.html
can it be plug with arduino?

You'll have to fake the 5k linear potentiometer throttle control, but this is usually
straight forward:

connect a 4k7 resistor in place of the potentiometer, leaving the wiper lead free,
This is necessary to prevent the controller's safety lock-out from operating (it
will lock-out control if any throttle potentiometer lead comes loose, so you
need to give it a resistor of the right value to keep it happy).

Then you take a PWM pin through an RC low-pass filter to generate an
analog voltage to feed to the wiper lead. Common the Arduino ground and controller
0V (having first checked the throttle potentiometer is operating in the 0V..5V range).

In fact the first thing you should do is just connect a 5k pot to the controller and
play with it to see what its reponse curve is like and measure the control voltages
corresponding to various speeds / reverse.

You may find this kind of controller has only a reduced reverse max speed as part
of its design - if this matters it won't do for you.

With atmega8-328 is possible to drive BL sensored motor with position mode but you must write the program in assembler as i did here...
http://www.dmxpassion.altervista.org/pg001.html
It is essential to do so in order not to miss any impulse from the encoder.

But if you want to command only in speed mode then you haven't need the sensors, you can analize one of several projects open-souce of ESC-driver for RC-motors

You definitely don't need assembler to drive a 3-phase bridge from an ATmega328, I've
done it. Direct port manipulation and timer interrupts yes, but assembler no.

But you still need the hardware, the 3-phase high current bridge... Yes you can
build it yourself and so on, but its not trivial at all.

yes, in the speed control without encoder I also used C

Hi,
I've the possibility to choose 2 controllers, one is pwm input and another one can receive analog input.
Ex for analog input:battery 36v-->dc converter 12v-->microcontroller (arduino mini)-->level shifter-->r/c filter--->servo drive which control motor.
Isn't it easier to use pwm input?

You still haven't told us what you want to do, only how. See xyproblem.info

Then you didn't provide any information on the actual controllers you are looking at.

But it's almost certain that the PWM version will be a better choice.

I'm planning to use a Controller from a-m-c advanced motion control.
The goal is to control a Wheel backward forward. As i asked above, There are two kind of amc's brushless: One receive analog and another pwm, to control both directions i want to use an arduino mini.

Hi,
Can you post a picture of the motor please?
If possible a part number and any specs.

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Hi, i don't have any motor spec, that's from china, i had to watch inside (phases and hall effect) to find the best combo to run, sorry. You Can watch at elifebike.com

hello,
as i want to use an arduino nano as control board and i planning to use https://www.servo2go.com/product.php?ID=102280&cat=10020&sub=10002.
is it ok , can i easily send, from arduino a pwm output to this servo drive?
or should i rather to use an analog input like this one: Search results for: 'ID 102273 cat 10020 sub 10002' | Servo2Go?
i'm little bit lost.