How to control a Servomoteur MG 996R

Hello everyone!

To begin with, I am fairly new to electronics.

how to control a servomoteur MG996R left and right. I already open the servo and I Remove the brake

from Servomoteur but after juste turn without stop.

My question is how to stop when coming to 360 degree and turn to the reverse .

If you have converted the servo to continuous rotation you have no control over the position it is at - you can only control the speed and direction of rotation. If you need it to stop at a particular place you will need a separate position detector - for example the servo might trigger a microswitch.

...R

Hi hammadi, Servos that are factury modified for continiuos rotation usually have a pot/trimmer to set the dead point, so that the value of 90 +/-2, is STOP, values above 90 are CW and below 90 are CCW. If you modify your own you need a trim-pot to replace the resistors you removed??

I have a couple of such Servos and find they work very well. Do you want the servo to turn continiously? or just 360 Deg and stop, in which case you will need some form of sensor to detect it (arm, etc).

You opened the servo and removed the brake?? What brake? is that all you did? That does'nt make it continous rotation!!

If you have converted the servo to continuous rotation you have no control over the position it is at - you can only control the speed and direction of rotation. If you need it to stop at a particular place you will need a separate position detector - for example the servo might trigger a microswitch.

And what robin2 says.........

Hope it helps, Regards.

Mel.

Thank you for your anserws. I don't have any control of direction of the servo Look to my code:

void loop() { myServo.write(180); delay(2000); myServo.write(30); delay(2000); } After this delay ,it doesn't stop. If you have any suggestion to how control the direction LEFT and RIGHT and stop it at the end of the delay, please help me ?

Hi hammadi, No the program will not stop, it just keeps running around the loop() that's how C works. something like myServo.write(90); should stop it or run it very slowly, depending how you modified them and as said before, that does'nt only include removing the "Brake"

Perhaps you should tell us more, the info is a little misty, blured, etc... Show us how things are wired up! what did you do with the pots in the servos??

Take a look here just one of many sites, telling you how to convert your servos: http://shop.ninjablocks.com/blogs/how-to/7540682-convert-your-servo-motor-into-a-continuous-rotation-motor

Get back to us, we want to hear more.

Hope it helps, regards

Mel.