How to control Arduino using phone? Commercial use.

Greetings!

I made this project:

• It controls different outputs depending on what 'program' the user has selected (selecting a timer, using a cyclic or continuous way of turning ON/OFF the outputs);
  • It reads some sensors;
  • It displays the sensors values and other message on the LCD.

All the navigation through the menus is made using a Joystick, and everything is displayed on an LCD.

Beside the joystick and the LCD, I have to be able to control this using my phone.

Which is the best approach, knowing we will make many products like this (using a different board/ sensors, etc for each) and distribute them to different customers from all over the country?

Bluetooth or WiFi?
Can I make it for both iOS and Android?

what is the microcontroller you are using on you project?
Bluetooth classic is probably the simplest way to enable an Android and iOS to communicate with you project
BLE is an alternative but is much more complex
you could look at a bluetooth add on such as HC-05 or a microcontroller with Bluetooth/WiFi such as ESP32
would you require your microcontroller to be the master or use the phone as the master?
Android Studio uses either Java or Kotlin as the programming language (I use Java)

hello
please help
my project is controlling the outputs (on/off) ,i’m using arduino mega + ethernet shield w5100 …and i’m working on UDPSendReceiveString exemple…i can’t find any right link for downloading the library “”"""""""""""""<EthernetUdp.h>"""""""""""""

patric401:
Greetings!

I made this project:

• It controls different outputs depending on what 'program' the user has selected (selecting a timer, using a cyclic or continuous way of turning ON/OFF the outputs);
  • It reads some sensors;
  • It displays the sensors values and other message on the LCD.

All the navigation through the menus is made using a Joystick, and everything is displayed on an LCD.

Beside the joystick and the LCD, I have to be able to control this using my phone.

Which is the best approach, knowing we will make many products like this (using a different board/ sensors, etc for each) and distribute them to different customers from all over the country?

Bluetooth or WiFi?
Can I make it for both iOS and Android?

I have made my project for commercial use but bluetooth made me said when I kept my project in washroom it did not connect in my kitchen so in this way it could have proved a flop if I had produced in market.. So do not use blutooth because if its low range and low Penetration power.

horace:
what is the microcontroller you are using on you project?
Bluetooth classic is probably the simplest way to enable an Android and iOS to communicate with you project

No it isn't. IOS will not talk to Bluetooth classic. It may be possible to use BLE for both, as pretty well all phones have BLE these days.