How to control SAIL WINCH SERVO

How to control this Sail Winch Servo ?

Is this continuous rotating servo or it knows its position , and how to control it ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001352162250.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dZj4MGW

Like any other servo, the description says it is a six turn winch.

You control its position like any other servo but the difference is that it rotates 6 times between its end positions unlike a normal RC servo that moves through approximately 180 degrees from end to end.

This will make the difference between positions that it is commanded to move to quite large but this can be improved by using servo.writeMicroseconds() instead of servo.write() as the former gives a possible number of steps of 1000 compared to 180 using the latter

Thanks , i connected it , and it works

When the servo comes to selected position i hear like buzzing sound and id vibrates , is this normal ?

When the servo comes to selected position i hear like buzzing sound and id vibrates , is this normal ?

Yes. It is the controller in the servo keeping it at the commanded position. If you detach() the servo then the buzzing will stop but the servo will move if a force is exerted on the output

This or may not be a problem depending on your application

Thanks allot !