how to control speed of 230V AC fan

Im new to controlling speed of AC FAN. Please provide me perfect solution to control speen via Arduino.

Please provide me perfect solution to control speen via Arduino.

I have no idea how you would control the speen of a fan. Or even what that is.

I'm certain, though, that google crosses state lines, and even country borders.

PaulS:
I have no idea how you would control the speen of a fan. Or even what that is.

I'm certain, though, that google crosses state lines, and even country borders.

Maybe it's only a typo. Correct meaning could be control speed as mentioned in the post title.

If so, you can control speed of the fan with the technique called AC phase control. It will use Triac to change AC sine wave in order to change applied voltage feeding to the fan.

There are many tutorials for this kind of technique. You should search with key word "AC phase control" or "AC dimmer control". Here one of those tutorials:

http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/ACPhaseControl

Hi,
Up to now, I've know 3 kinds of controlling an AC motor speed.
1/ Use the method like the fan we have at home, it's based on changing the resistance of the stator in the fan when you press "1", "2", or "3" button on the control panel of the fan.
2/ Control the the AC voltage using AC dimmer circuit (you can google for this, I don't really know about this one but I think it has the same theory as No.1).
3/ More complicate, you control the frequency of the power source you input the fan using "Frequency converter (or maybe inverter, I had forgotten)". This method has been using in industry a lot. And...it's not cheap! :smiley:

That's all I can help you, if somethings wrong, please reply me