How to control stepper motor using ptz joystick

Hello, is it possible to control stepper motor by using CCTV or PTZ joystick ??

I should imagine so.

Alobaidi_mohammed:
using CCTV or PTZ joystick ??

What do you mean by "using CCTV" - do you mean that you want to view a CCTV image of some machine and then use the joystick to control the machine based on what you can see?

OR

Do you mean that you want to be able to control the camera angle with the joystick?

As with every Arduino project, approach it is small pieces. Write a short program to get values from the joystick and display them on the Arduino Serial Monitor.

These links should help with the stepper motor
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

...R

i mean i have a joystick which is used to control (pan,tilt) of PTZ camera. the joystick has (RS-485) output.
can i use it to control a stepper motor by using arduino??

If the Arduino has appropriate RS485 and steeper driver hardware (and you know the serial protocol) yes.

AWOL:
If the Arduino has appropriate RS485 and steeper driver hardware (and you know the serial protocol) yes.

thank you, i know the serial protocol but i don't know how to write the program, do you have any document that can helps me?

Alobaidi_mohammed:
thank you, i know the serial protocol but i don't know how to write the program,

It would help if you were to post a link to the datasheet for the joystick. I presume it will include details of the serial protocol.

...R

Alobaidi_mohammed:
thank you, i know the serial protocol but i don't know how to write the program, do you have any document that can helps me?

Do you have any specification that could help me help you?