How to control stepper motor

Hi Guys I'm new to arduino. Me and my brother bought a CNC machine because we love to work with aluminum. Before we have builded our own CNC routers using stepper motors. Now I'm working on different project and need help. I have some ballscrews and motors laying around so I decided to use them for the project. What I need is to be able to: 1. Change the speed of motor with buttons 2. Switch the motor to be run one step at a time. 3. Switch between forward and reverse motion. The system have to be isolated. What I mean is it can't be controlled with PC software. Can this be done?

You have not provided much information but I think what you want should be perfectly feasible.

Have a look at Stepper Motor Basics and at the second example in Simple Stepper Code

...R

GRBL?

Let me try to explain some more. I need to use the stepper motor so I can turn the screw so it will spin at certain speed adjusted by user. Also sometimes I need to only move the screw maybe 1/32" at a time but not as continuous movement only if I press the button.

Pysiek: Let me try to explain some more. I need to use the stepper motor so I can turn the screw so it will spin at certain speed adjusted by user. Also sometimes I need to only move the screw maybe 1/32" at a time but not as continuous movement only if I press the button.

All that is possible.

I suggest you take the example I linked to as a starting point for developing your program. If you run into problems or don't understand something post the code that causing a problem and we will try to help.

You may also wish to look at Planning and Implementing a Program

...R

Sounds goo. I will take a look at the links you posted above and will try. My brother have arduino starter kit so I might borrow it from him :wink: