how to controll AC using ARDUINO

i hav SAMSUNG sleep plus Airconditiner i dont know the remote codes how can i find that samsung remote code and how to control AC using arduino please help me :~

You could always use the Arduino to push the buttons on the remote control. A few servos and a robot arm, and you're all set.

PaulS: You could always use the Arduino to push the buttons on the remote control. A few servos and a robot arm, and you're all set.

LOL !

Get to know the communication protocol used by your AC (RC5, NEC etc.). Use appropriate encoder and a wireless transmitter (IR led in case of IR communication). Generate appropriate code from your arduino and give it to encoder for transmission. Thats all i had to say. Otherwise Paul's idea is also not bad XD

Or better yet, buy another Remote Control.

You could write an Arduino program to detect the codes from your existing remote control transmitter.

…R

sharif: i hav SAMSUNG sleep plus Airconditiner i dont know the remote codes how can i find that samsung remote code and how to control AC using arduino please help me :~

If you have remotes for those things then with work you can read and record the patterns. Otherwise with a bit of web searching you should be able to find the information, but you may need to find other information just to understand the first.

IR remote flickers at frequencies up to 40k (to not respond to more steady light like florescent bulb or sunlight) with the signal embedded in the flickers, there is protocol.

You can get IRDA readers, a tiny box like thing usually with 3 leads or a full module and there is an IR Remote library to take some of the pain out of it but be prepared to spend time and have to learn, you might get lucky but don't count on it.

@Robin Will u please tell me the code that i can found my remote code.

I did that about 20 years ago with a PIC. I don't have any Arduino code.

If you can find out the carrier frequency that your remote uses then an IR receiver like a TSOP 4838 may help. That one works at 38kHz, but there are other versions.

...R

Hard to tell how far along you are on the learning curve.
Here’s a tutorial that might help you understand some of it:
http://tronixstuff.com/2011/03/30/tutorial-arduino-and-infra-red-control/

It sounds like you have the AC unit but are missing the remote.
So that’s probably the opposite of what you want but should help you understand how things work.

basically in samsung AC's what protocal is used??????? my AC modelnum is AS18EFBXTL how to identify what protocal is used in this device...

Google Yahoo Or some other search engine

Google and download IRremote library by Ken Shirriff. It has an example program which prints the received codes on Serial Monitor (obviously you will require a working Remote Controller for this). This will help you a lot. Try using IR sensor TSOP 1738, it works with most of the devices.

i has strucked at RC5 commands to operate temperature , imean to increment and decrement , how can i get that commands , can any one tell the commands for temperature increment and decrement of RC protocal