how to convert g-code to electrical signal???

Hi.. i'm building a portable cnc router for ma final year project. im using arduino uno to interface pc with the nc.. i want to write a program tat converts the gcode to electrical signal on my own.. can sumone help me 2 understand the process tats happning inside the gcode interpreter. tat would b very helpful for me 2 write ma program. and is t possible to write d program in arduino software itself??

Try searching this forum for gcode

There is also plenty of information on the Internet about how gcode is structured and the information that it contains. Basically it is a set of instructions to tell the CNC machine where to move to in 3D. This would need to be interpreted by the Arduino and converted into instructions to move the cutting head and turn it on and off.

ardui: tat would b very helpful for me 2 write ma program. and is t possible to write d program in arduino software itself??

How to use this forum

This forum is in English. Not whatever-it-is you wrote in.

There are sub-forums for other languages, if that helps.

i want to write a program tat converts the gcode to electrical signal on my own

Maybe you should visit a shop where they have NC/CNC machines and watch for a while, then look through some NC/CNC manuals. Because it's nothing so simple as "an electrical signal".

Some people may refer to NC/CNC codes as G- codes when in fact depending on the machine these may be X, Y. Z, T and G codes with G codes standing for whole routines like circle left or right or hogging out a pocket, things like that.

To go from there to doing things with your router like turning it on and moving it around is going to require power control and axis motor control and loads of fun things that takes shop time to know not just how they matter but even that they do matter.

But I have a question for you and many others. Why do you pick something you don't know enough about to even ask vaguely the right questions about for a FINAL YEAR PROJECT?

Good luck, I hope your prof/teacher is clueless on the subject so that anything that works will look good.

There are sub-forums for other languages, if that helps.

But not, alas for OP and thank goodness for the rest of us, text speakā€¦

Someone has already written a g code interpreter for the arduino. I came across it when I was googling CNC and arduino a while back.

Edit: google arduino g code and there are a few examples. Grbl is the one I saw previously.

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=154726.msg1159919#msg1159919 date=1363508521]

ardui: tat would b very helpful for me 2 write ma program. and is t possible to write d program in arduino software itself??

How to use this forum

This forum is in English. Not whatever-it-is you wrote in.

There are sub-forums for other languages, if that helps. [/quote]

I hear that. Come on "ma" and "my" have exactly the same number of letters. If u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb. That might be true, but if you write like this you might get a good answer.

GoForSmoke: But I have a question for you and many others. Why do you pick something you don't know enough about to even ask vaguely the right questions about for a FINAL YEAR PROJECT?

Good luck, I hope your prof/teacher is clueless on the subject so that anything that works will look good.

LOL I can't believe the folks that come into technical forums for the first time at mid senior year and are clueless about the entire field. I'm not saying this applies to the OP, but I want to know why people choose a career where they have absolutely no interest. And then, as if they haven't made things bad enough on themselves, they pick some grandiose project plan that somebody with years of real experience would have a tough time doing. Autonomous helicopters giving "commands" to other autonomous helicopters comes to mind. And then it's kind of insulting to be asked to simply "provide the proper code". They make creating a complex piece of software sound the equivalent of entering a PIN number. I'm not bitter though, I really like fixing PCs instead of creating interesting embedded products that work. :/

I really wish more people would make it harder on the students that are bringing homework problems to the board to not get help nor to learn anything, but to just get the answer. Again, I'm not directing this at the OP specifically.