How to correctly add variables to a 2 dim array

After googling Arduino and C++ I have found that I need a nested loop to add variable data to a 2 dim array. This is my test sketch.
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
const int numRows = 3;
const int numCols = 2;
float cel, farh; //variables for Celcius and Farenheit
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
float myArray[numRows][numCols];

for (int row = 0; row < numRows; row++) //This loops on the rows.
{
for (int col = 0; col < numCols; col++) //This loops on the columns
{
myArray[row][col] = (cel); // first time thru row=0 and col=0. this is entered in the array
myArray[row][col] = (farh);// second time thru row still equals 0 and col=1 which I believe is correct
// the value farh does not get entered
}
}
}

My understanding of the nested loop is that first time thru the outer loop keeps the value of 0 untill the inner loop completes it’s loops thru 0 and 1 then reverts back to the outer loop which becomes value of 1 and repeats. I hope that is correct.
First time thru cel is placed in location 0,0 … How am I able to get farh into location 0,1

Also do I need some kind of exit strategy to get out of the nested loop situation?

Thank you

How do you know it is not loaded? I don't see where you read the contents back.

cel & far are also just equal to 0, so how would you know if they changed?

The for loops end after counting to 2 and 3, your structure for them is fine.

First time thru cel is placed in location 0,0 … How am I able to get farh into location 0,1

First, putting parentheses around cel and farh is not necessary. Get rid of them.

Second, I do not believe that you want an inner loop to iterate over the columns when different data goes in each column.

for (int row = 0; row < numRows; row++)    //This loops on the rows.
  {
      myArray[row][0] = cel;
      myArray[row][1] = farh; 
  }

However, this will put 0 in every element of the array, which will then go out of scope. It might be different if you were reading values from some sensor(s) for cel and farh, and doing something with the data in the array before it went out of scope.

If he's just zeroing out the array, he might as well use:

memset(0, myArray, sizeof(float) * numRows * numCols);

or just define it with global scope.

Thanks to each of you for responding. Having seen your responses I now realize that I did not provide enough information to you initially. I will learn from my errors and I DID receive the solution as well as other tidbits.

Again thanks.