how to create a multiprotocol tx module and nrf224l01 radio modul communication

Hi all,

I saw a project on How to Mechatronics: https://howtomechatronics.com/projects/arduino-mecanum-wheels-robot/?fbclid=IwAR2up1YoWdxAOEyYC212kjQsVABPfwsB_Ev1nlzPPK8N--YUzIZq4dUCpqQ. I have a Taranis Q X7 controller (https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/taranis-q-x7-2/) and a multiprotocol tx module for this controller (the link would be too long, if you google it then it will be the first result).

Is it possible to control the Mecanum wheels project car (which has an nrf24l01) with the Taranis controllel with the multiprotocol modul?

I have tried to search the web for the answer but I found nothing similar. Mostly in the nrf24 projects they create a communication between two or more of theese moduls and never with something else. However the mutliprotocol modul is a combination of an Atmel 328P Mega chip and a nrf24l01 modul.

Anything would help, even a "no you are an idiot, you can't do this", because then I could stop and think about an other way of controlling the car (like from mobile, which is described on How to mechatronics).

Thank you and have a nice day

Scabello:
Is it possible to control the Mecanum wheels project car (which has an nrf24l01) with the Taranis controllel with the multiprotocol modul?

Maybe, IF the Taranis system uses an nRF24 for its transmissions.

AFAIK an nRF24 can only communicate with another nRF24. I think that some of the off-the-shelf 2.4GHz controllers do use nRF24 modules.

To my mind it would probably be simpler to make an Arduino based nRF24 controller.

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

Well this multiprotocol modul uses a nrf24, but I don't know and couldn't find anywhere what kind of program could be on the Mega chip :confused:

Scabello:
Well this multiprotocol modul uses a nrf24, but I don't know and couldn't find anywhere what kind of program could be on the Mega chip :confused:

Without a detailed description of the communication protocol it will be very difficult to get that working. I suspect it may be possible to use an nRF24 to "spy" on the communication but that would be well beyond my pay grade.

...R

The packet structure is documented in the robot sketch, probably also the NRF setup,
but I did not see it on a very short glance.

But I don't know whether some unknown multiprotocol-device can be persuaded to emit that, and if, how.

Edit: this DIY Arduino RC Transmitter has more details I think.

I looked up this "spying" thing, it isn't really what I was looking for, because I wanted to save time and money connecting the multiprotocol and the nrf24 moduls. I think it will be easier now to make a new controller with an nrf24 modul (as Robin2 suggested it in the first place).

In my free time I think I will continue to look for a solution (maybe with that DIY transmitter project - thanks for that), but now I will rest it for a while.

Thank you all for helping me, if I find out anything I will post it later.
Have a nice day