How to create multiple serial port to communication with other arduino

ㄑHi, now i want to use serial port to read and write with other arduinos, in my project i need use four serial port to write/read as same time, i searched solution and found some method like SoftSerial and AltSoftSerial, but i don't know which can complete above function, anyone can give me some experience? Thanks.

Easy method would be to tie the four lines together using say an TTL to Serial converter "FTDI" as the source, so all the Arduino receive the messages as a bus, then write a method where the first char is the address ID of each Arduino and if matches said Arduino then handle the message.

Edit , sorry i thought you meant from the IDE to many Arduino's, as said below if you have a mega then you could use all 4 ports else just tie the lines together

Buy a Mega. It has 4 hardware serial ports.

KawasakiZx10r: Easy method would be to tie the four lines together using say an TTL to Serial converter "FTDI" as the source, so all the Arduino receive the messages as a bus, then write a method where the first char is the address ID of each Arduino and if matches said Arduino then handle the message.

Edit , sorry i thought you meant from the IDE to many Arduino's, as said below if you have a mega then you could use all 4 ports else just tie the lines together

KawasakiZx10r: Easy method would be to tie the four lines together using say an TTL to Serial converter "FTDI" as the source, so all the Arduino receive the messages as a bus, then write a method where the first char is the address ID of each Arduino and if matches said Arduino then handle the message.

Thank you your advice, but i want to use cheap and small arduino in this project like nano, so in this case softserial can not as solution only use have multiple hardware serial port Mega?

1. So, go for Software Serial Ports (SUART Ports) as many as you wish limited by the vaild DPins of UNO/NANO. The following three lines (to be included in the sketch at the appropriate space) are good enough to create/simulate a SUART Port.

#include<SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial SUART(4, 5); //SRX=DPIn-4; STX=DPin-5
SUART.begin(9600);

uart-9y1.png

2. Let us write codes to send the Pot-R1 and Pot-R2 values to NANO over the SUART Port.

uart-9y1.png