How to create password for NodeMCU using open network

Hi All,

I have trouble creating a password using NodeMCU, as the wifi provided is an open network. If anyone has any knowledge on how to set-up the password and ssid, do let me know. I am using Arduino UNO and NodeMCU for project on ioT (ThinkSpeak), so that I can connect nodemcu wifi and detect temperature and pressure sensor on the vacuum pump.

What means wifi provided, how you configure it? Show us your code!
Is it broadcasting ssid from production (not depending on your program), or you started that AP with softAP() class?

If you read documentation, you will be see
to run your ESP as AP with or without password: Soft Access Point Class — ESP8266 Arduino Core 3.0.0-12-gbf6f3e7c documentation

WiFi.softAP(ssid); //WITHOUT PASSWORD
WiFi.softAP(ssid, password); //WITH PASSWORD (WPA/WPA2-PSK)

One row of code.

martinius96:
What means wifi provided, how you configure it? Show us your code!
Is it broadcasting ssid from production (not depending on your program), or you started that AP with softAP() class?

If you read documentation, you will be see
to run your ESP as AP with or without password: Soft Access Point Class — ESP8266 Arduino Core 2.7.1-115-g209e4671 documentation

WiFi.softAP(ssid); //WITHOUT PASSWORD

WiFi.softAP(ssid, password); //WITH PASSWORD (WPA/WPA2-PSK)

**One row of code.**

Thank you for your help! I managed to change the ssid and password by using hotspot! and I managed to get it working, however, Im still unable to upload to thinkspeak.

You need to use MQTT or HTTP connection using websocket with POST payload with your API key.
To send datas to your field.

martinius96:
You need to use MQTT or HTTP connection using websocket with POST payload with your API key.
To send datas to your field.

Yes, have used the HTTP and Thingspeak works perfectly now after troubleshooting the code.