How to dim LED with Analog?

So I'm working on a project that needs dimmable LEDs. They can't be PWM because it involves recording and cameras and PWM would cause flickering (i know because i tried it). plus PWM gives me headaches so it just wouldn't be good for main lighting except on full 100% power.

I heard of a method of Analog dimming and was wondering what it would take to implement it, preferably with Arduino.
Like, what tools, parts, code, or other stuff might i need to know about.

This is where I read about analog dimming: LED 101: How do dimmable LEDs work? - Electronic Products

This is my first real project with Arduino so i don't have any experience with this kind of stuff, so sorry if it seems like a simple question.

Thanks for any help! :smiley:

I would use PWM but at a higher frequency than the default.

For analogue dimming, use PWM then smooth it with a filter, then have a FET arranged as a source follower to drive the LED. Note that not all of the range of the analogue output will result in the LED lighting because it will be below the turn on threshold voltage.

Thanks for the help, i don't understand everything you said but i found what i needed on youtube, took me forever before i thought of looking on youtube lol. how does that filter you were talking about work though?

could this be used for high power LED strips? and without an Arduino

that's all i wanted, why are you the only one that answer's my questions?

Sending an abusive personal message is a great way to get me to explain more things to you.
Sorry, maybe some one else will help you but after what you sent me I am out of here.