How to display another language on LCD

Hi. I'm korean middle school student. How to display another language on LCD?

My teacher said"If you revise liquidcrystal.h, you can display korean."

I try to find way to display korean. But, I couldn't find Answer.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you.

#I'm not good at English. Though it is wrong, please deal leniently because it is hard work to me.^^

chulwon0110:

That is not immediately apparent if you look at it, but maybe there are differentliquidcrystal.hs with the same name, in which case you might find one that is Korean from the start.

It is possible to make custom characters

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,135955.0.html

and it might be easier to do this with a programme to run an LCD with no library. This is common with the 5110 LCD. You can also do custom charaters on the 5110 using the PCD8544 library

http://www.carlos-rodrigues.com/projects/pcd8544/

Other than the eight custom characters you cannot display characters that are not already in the ROM.

Revising a library h file will not help.

Running a program that does not use a library will not help.

So - you have to examine the data sheet for the specific controller chip that is on your LCD module and determine if the desired characters are present. If they aren't present you are out of luck.

Don

chulwon0110:

Looking further at this, I think he is lying, and the best thing you can do do is say so - along with an explanation, which might be what he is looking for. You just need to get in before some other guy does.

Liquidcrystal.h, of which there may be several versions, drives a character-based LCD. There are custom characters, as I said, and I think they can be anything, even Korean, but there can only be eight, as Floresta said. This is hardly a solution.

What you need is a graphics-based LCD, like the Nokia 5110 I mentioned. I said you can use this without a library but that isn't necessary and a bad idea. The PCD8544 library can be used with this but you don't edit PCD8544.h to produce Korean, there is a separate character file and it is all in that.

It is quite likely that a Korean character set for the 5110 is already available. I imagine all graphic LCDs work in much the same way.

There's a difference between lying and being mistaken or ignorant.

Don