how to do this with limited resources?

i have a motor i need to be able to switch on and off. it runs fine on 3V duracell batteries, but the arduino’s digital outs just don’t supply enough current to power the motor. i don’t have a transistor.
all i have are some caps, 2 potentiometers, and lots of AAA batteries. oh and of course, my arduino uno… suggestions to make a switch out of these?

spend the 10 cents and get a transistor.

you can get parts from almost any junk electronics.

There is no alternative. You have to get some transistors.

shame you dont have energizers instead of duracells, if it is a round cylinder cap, +/- 1 jizzafarad, wrap a coil of wire around the outside to use as an energizer coil, the energizer coil will activate the internal foil via the multiplexis, but make sure to connect to the positive lead of the cap, as they are not bipolar.

Greensprings: shame you dont have energizers instead of duracells, if it is a round cylinder cap, +/- 1 jizzafarad, wrap a coil of wire around the outside to use as an energizer coil, the energizer coil will activate the internal foil via the multiplexis, but make sure to connect to the positive lead of the cap, as they are not bipolar.

I have no idea what you are talking about, can you explain? In my supermarket "energizer" is a battery brand competing with Duracell.

...R

Robin2: I have no idea what you are talking about, can you explain?

I think you failed to perceive the "atmosphere" of the suggestion. ;)

Paul__B: I think you failed to perceive the "atmosphere" of the suggestion. ;)

i couldnt sleep, so i was a little delerious when i wrote that, forgive me if i went too far