How to find my Robo-Cat

My Robo-cat project advances. Because of somehow slow procurement procedure, I have to plan for may components well in advance.

Som while working on "miow/purr when petting" function I need to identify the components for other functions and order them.

Another planned function is "find the cat". For this one, I need a simple radio-transmitter (legal without licence, mounted on the Robo-cat) and a receiver.

When the cat "is starving" or when I want to find him, the emitter shall start and the receiver shall be able to increase the loudness when approaching the cat. No need to be directional.

A came across a long wave transmitter, which is simple. But I did not find a correspondent receiver. This one:

A have no preference on the type of waves (AM, FM etc.), the only point is to be simple, very simple and to be commanded by Arduino board. Of course, the cheaper - the better.

I imagine they are such schemes from the 80' but it seems like nobody cared to post them on the net. Or I can hack something similar (like a DIY beacon), but I cant imagine alternative uses to hack from.

++++

Question is:

Reccomandation for a pair emitter-receiver in the range of 5-10 m (15 - 30 ft), simple, cheap and that can be triggered by Arduino? Either ready to use modules or schematics.

Thank you!

When the cat "is starving" or when I want to find him, the emitter shall start

How will 'he' know when you're looking for him? :confused:

Good question.

At this stage, my (incipient) plan is to:

• IF Robo-cat power decreases THEN the emitter shall start full power (perhaps in a SOS sequence :-))
  • ELSE, the emitter shall continuously work at low-power, to allow my receiver (in my hand) to spot it.

On other words, I was not planned to send a sort of signal to the Robocat to activate the Emitter.

Although it sounds like a good idea. It means a 2-ways communication channel, which I am afraid I am to new to manage. But perhaps I am wrong, I do not know. Anyway, I imagine I can start by one-way and add the other way later on.