How to flash a new openwrt YUN without going through webpage

Hello,

I have a brand new YUN board, when I plug in ethernet cable from YUN directly to my computer, my computer cant seem to connect to it, but it can connect using WiFI.

I need to connect to YUN using ethernet and not WiFI.

Anybody knows why I cant connect directly from my computer to YUN using ethernet cable?

Thanks

rouch_neck:
when I plug in ethernet cable from YUN directly to my computer, my computer cant seem to connect to it, but it can connect using WiFI.

When the Yun is acting as a WiFi Access Point (AP) and your computer connects to it, the AP is also acting as a DHCP server so it assigns an IP address to your computer, and the two systems can talk.

The Ethernet port, however, is by default set up as a DHCP client, like your computer, and does not have an IP address until it can negotiate with a DHCP server and get an address. Normally, you connect your computer and any other computers (including a Yun) to a router: besides providing a path to the Internet, the router acts as a DHCP server and assigns IP addresses to any local computers as needed.

So, you have three options:

• Don't connect them directly to each other, but instead connect the, through a router (both systems on LAN ports.)
  • Connect them directly, but turn off DHCP and assign the computer and Yun static IP addresses.
  • Connect them directly, and enable a DHCP server on the Yun's Ethernet port. (And don't connect the Yun's Ethernet port to another router in the future unless you disable the Yun's DHCP server.)

Set up dhcp server at wan (ethernet port)