How to force upload default sketch when nano33 is "bunkers"

I think I've found my new favorite Arduino - the Nano33 and in particular the IoT version. I'm on my 3rd and until tonight it's been smooth sailing, easy to use and I cannot wait to apply it to more projects.

But I ran into an issue. I made a boo-boo playing with sleep modes - the nano not really comes to live, and worse the UART seems to be broken and the computer no longer detects the device. I've tried two other Nano33's and they "just work".

On older Nanos - instead of going full ISP programming mode, you could hold down RST and for a few seconds on boot up the nano would keep the port "default" and you could start an upload when you screwed up. That doesn't seem to work with the Nano33 - so what's the trick? Do I need to find my FTDI232 and do a programming as an ISP? Or is there a faster/easier way to force an upload of for instance "blink" so I can get back to normal (until I screw up again of course).

EDIT: Why is it that 10 seconds after you post, you find the answer?? Double click the reset key worked ... i'm back to normal without fighting with ISP stuff.
Problem solved - just sharing if others can use the solution.

Yep there are NANO's and then there are NANO's and no two shall be the same except in name.

The double click works for a few boards and is an old trick.

You probably passed a post on your way to making this one that also mentioned it too. :smiley:

Bob.

ballscrewbob:
Yep there are NANO's and then there are NANO's and no two shall be the same except in name.

The double click works for a few boards and is an old trick.

You probably passed a post on your way to making this one that also mentioned it too. :smiley:

Bob.

Thanks @ballscrewbob - I brick -ed my Arduino NANO BLE, by calling function to another class from a constructor. Just double click on the onboard button woke up bootloader on the board. Thanks again!!!