How to get data of frequency from sound sensor using arduino

Hi everyone, I am using Arduino Nano + Sound sensor to detect human heartbeat sound. And I want to make LPF for that sensor so can I get the best signal without noise. I've tried some Arduino frequency counter/meter tutorial but it doesn't work (it only show '0' on the serial monitor. All I get till now just the analog data of the value from the output pin sensor.
Can I get the frequency of the sound from the sensor using Arduino to find the cutoff frequency to my filter?

Thanks

Could you provide a link to the datasheet of the sensor you are using?

Regarding the examples I would suspect them to use some medium frequencies in the kHz range. Since human heart rate is something below 250 beats/minute the frequency in Hertz are basically 0 when you look at frequencies in the kHz range. But since you can hear heart beats when you listen at somebody's chest there must some frequencies that get emitted that are above the pure heartbeat rate. But without knowing more about the sensor and what frequencies are useful to you it is hard to give you some more guidance.

It might also be useful to post your code. Use code tags to ensure people can read it online without downloading a file. Check the "How to post ... " at the top of the forum if you do not know how to do that. Good posts usually get faster and better answers. :slight_smile:

In addition to what Klaus wrote, you need to examine what constitutes a human heartbeat. Each “beat” consists of two contractions, one right after the other. Then there are the valve noises. Then there is the sounds created by the turbulence of the blood going through the valves. Then there is the turbulence of the blood flowing into the arteries and blood from the veins flowing into the heart.

All of these sounds are part of the heartbeat. Are they what you are calling noise?

Paul