HOW TO GET METER READING

Dear Experts,

I Badly in Need your suggestion.

There are 40 single phase digital consumer meters in my apartment. Those meters doesn't have any rs232 or rs485 interface but all are digital energy meter.

SO, IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET THOSE METER DATA BY USING ARDUINO TO TRANSMIT BY GSM DTU ?

Have you a link to the datasheet for the meters?

...R

They are likely encrypted and only your electricity supplier has the keys.

If they're not encrypted and anyone driving by your house can see your electricity usage then I would be asking the electricity supplier "Why not?"

A photo of the meter that shows the manufacturer and model number would be useful to track down the datasheet.

Robin2: Have you a link to the datasheet for the meters?

...R

Dear Robin thanks a lot for your response. The meters are locally manufactured by traditional chinese supplier. Doesn't have any data sheet with meters and even not available on their website.

I collect the info that the meters dont support MODBUS communication & having no rs232 or rs485 interface. I can collect any other useful info if required.

MorganS: They are likely encrypted and only your electricity supplier has the keys.

If they're not encrypted and anyone driving by your house can see your electricity usage then I would be asking the electricity supplier "Why not?"

A photo of the meter that shows the manufacturer and model number would be useful to track down the datasheet.

Dear Morgan, thanks for your post. Actually i am not an expert in this field. I think they are not encrypted..our power distribution company is too back dated.

Would you please suggest me to collect any other information either from the meter company or from the power distribution company which is required to let you suggest me to move forward?

Well, you've told us what interfaces the meters don't have.

What interface does the meter have? RFID? NFC? IR? WiFi?

You mentioned GSM DTU but I'm sot sure if that is something the meter has or something you are adding with the Arduino.

Without a datasheet or a description of the data protocol then it will take a very long time to decode the meter output. Maybe several years.