How to get NED frame velocities using GPS Ublox-Neo7 /6 ?

I'm able to get the position(latitude and longitude, height) of my vehicle from the NMEA sentences, but for the velocity, I'm not so sure about it.

I wanted to get the and NED (North, East, Down)velocity of a road test by using Arduino UNO model.

I found that in the NMEA sentence, there is a $GPVTG which contains the "speed over ground in km/h", but I couldn't find anything about NED frame.

So my question is, do I have to receive some special codes or I need to do some calculations from it to get the NED velocity of my vehicle?

You have to put the unit in UBX protocol mode and request the appropriate sentences. See the Ublox 6 receiver manual.

Thanks for your response!
As I'm an amateur with Arduino, would you mind explaining more that what should I do exactly?

You need to study the receiver manual in order to learn how to set the GPS unit to the desired output mode, and to decode the output.

This has little or nothing to do with Arduino, in fact the setup can be done with the UCenter control software on a PC, which you download from Ublox.

You will need a USB-TTL serial adapter to connect a PC to the GPS unit (3.3V or 5V as required).

dss:
Thanks for your response!
As I'm an amateur with Arduino, would you mind explaining more that what should I do exactly?

There is a specific Ublox forum which is probably the best place to ask questions specific to Ublox GPSs.

NeoGPS implements the ubx protocol, but just a subset of messages. The nav- VELNED and NAV- POSLLH are the 2 that most people use. Implementing the north- east- down message wouldn't be too hard, if you are comfortable with C and C++.

You might review the proprietary NMEA sentences to see if one of the $PUBX sentences has the information. Sorry, I can't check right now...

jremington:
You need to study the receiver manual in order to learn how to set the GPS unit to the desired output mode, and to decode the output.

This has little or nothing to do with Arduino, in fact the setup can be done with the UCenter control software on a PC, which you download from Ublox.

You will need a USB-TTL serial adapter to connect a PC to the GPS unit (3.3V or 5V as required).

Thanks a lot. I'll consider the receiver manual to find out what should I do!
But, since I want to import these data in MATLAB, I'm not sure that, I can export data from the UCenter software to MATLAB simultaneously or not?

srnet:
There is a specific Ublox forum which is probably the best place to ask questions specific to Ublox GPSs.

Thanks.
Definitely, it would be very useful!

export data from the UCenter software to MATLAB simultaneously

I strongly doubt it.

UBX messages are sent via the serial port, so read them directly with MATLAB. A 10 second search turned up this discussion.

-dev:
NeoGPS implements the ubx protocol, but just a subset of messages. The nav- VELNED and NAV- POSLLH are the 2 that most people use. Implementing the north- east- down message wouldn't be too hard, if you are comfortable with C and C++.

You might review the proprietary NMEA sentences to see if one of the $PUBX sentences has the information. Sorry, I can't check right now...

Thank you.
As you suggested, I find some examples such as the following link, that might cover my problem.

jremington:
I strongly doubt it.

UBX messages are sent via the serial port, so read them directly with MATLAB. A 10 second search turned up this discussion.

Ok, I'll check it out right now!
Thank you so much!