How to get output from pressure sensor SMC ise30a

I’ve been trying to read the output from pressure sensor name “ISE Smc30a” there are an option to choose between PNP and NPN open collector output

If I want to read the pressure and use it’s data in my arduino the question is
1.which mode should I select
2.Can I connect the output from sensor directly to arduino input and provide my sensor with Voltage from
arduino

https://www.smcpneumatics.com/pdfs_smc_instructional/PS-OML0003-C.pdf
this is a manual for my sensor
on page 20 it’s shown the circuit.

Thanks

Output: use NPN (open collector) as that can be read by the Arduino regardless of the voltages used by the sensor. Can be connected directly to an input pin, set pinMode to INPUT_PULLUP. Active low. For added safety, add a resistor (1k or so).

Power supply: data sheet shows a 12-24V supply, so can't be powered by the Arduino (which has only 5V adn 3.3V available).

wvmarle:
Output: use NPN (open collector) as that can be read by the Arduino regardless of the voltages used by the sensor. Can be connected directly to an input pin, set pinMode to INPUT_PULLUP. Active low. For added safety, add a resistor (1k or so).

Power supply: data sheet shows a 12-24V supply, so can't be powered by the Arduino (which has only 5V adn 3.3V available).

Thanks thats very clear
one more question
where should I put the resistor in for safety
is it in series with analog output before connect in to arduino?

It's a digital output (on/off). Resistor would go in between the output and the pin. Don't make it too big a value as otherwise the pin isn't drawn low enough to read as low (it's a voltage divider together with the pull-up resistor).