How to have 3 or more ethernet shield work together?

I am doing a project that required me to have multiple devices working together. Each sub-device (Ethernet shield) is to read the sensor value and pass the value to the main device(received data side).

Currently, I am implementing the program in a way that each sub-device is a web server itself and would pass the value to the main device that is working as a web client. However, I am only able to get one IP address server to connect and receive the information. I do not know how to connect 2 or more servers. Is there any way of doing it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

What you describe sounds plausible enough. Post the code you're using on each Arduino for more help.

Crays:
I am doing a project that required me to have multiple devices working together. Each sub-device (Ethernet shield) is to read the sensor value and pass the value to the main device(received data side).

Currently, I am implementing the program in a way that each sub-device is a web server itself and would pass the value to the main device that is working as a web client. However, I am only able to get one IP address server to connect and receive the information. I do not know how to connect 2 or more servers. Is there any way of doing it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

The Ethernet shields use SPI. If you plug in more than one, they all try to react to the same SS (select) pin. You need this (the most useful Arduino shield ever made IMHO):

(click the picture to go to the link)

This board allows you to redirect any pin to any pin. So, for the first Ethernet board, you would connect SS pin straight through (pin 10). Then put a go-between board on top of Ethernet #1 and solder the jumper to use, say, pin 9 as SS. Then make another sandwich and jumper pin 8 to SS.

That is, the first board would be pin 10 -> pin 10
The next board would be pin 9 -> pin 10
The third board would be pin 8 -> pin 10

Now, you access each board using SPI and select individual boards with pin 8, 9 or 10.

Cool, huh?

I do not know how to connect 2 or more servers. Is there any way of doing it?

You might try something like below.

Client client1(ip, port);
Client client2(ip2, port2);

K, are you talking about 3 arduinos sending their data to one arduino. Then you want to have one webserver and three web clients posting their data to the webserver.

So when you send a request to the webserver like this http://webserver/index.htm?cl=ard1,sensor=320. The webserver can parse out the request and use the information how ever it wants.