How to have two sources of power cleanly?

So I have an arduino, and a motor. The motor takes 12v and 6A, and the Arduino takes something much less than that. I'm planning on putting all the electronics into a single project box (not including the motor itself). In order to keep everything tidy, I don't want two power cords running into the box from the wall, I want one. How have other people figured this out?

Are you having trouble running them both off the same power supply? The Arduino can run off 12V an it only draws the current it draws, even if the power supply is capable of more. ([u]Ohm's Law[/u])

DVDdoug:
Are you having trouble running them both off the same power supply? The Arduino can run off 12V an it only draws the current it draws, even if the power supply is capable of more. ([u]Ohm’s Law[/u])

Ha! Apparently I’m a little rusty on my electronics skills. Thanks for slapping sense into me. :slight_smile:

Hi,
What sort of 12V 6A supply?
If you are going to enclose it, will it need ventilation/fan?

Tom... :slight_smile:

The motors may put noise on the 12v rail, and or droop the voltage under load- check both before committing to a box and wiring!