How to implement timer interrupt on MKR 1010?

Hello,

I want to port my code which works fine on my Arduino UNO R3 to my new Arduino MKR 1010. I am using the Timer2 library to run an ISR every 5 ms on my UNO. I don't think that the Timer2 library would be compatible with the MKR 1010. What timer library should i use to run ISRs on the MKR 1010?

here is one. it is not ideal, but maybe it will do what you need

Hi DryRun,

Here's some example code that sets up the SAMD21's TC4 timer in match frequency (MFRQ) mode and calls the interrupt service routine every 5ms:

// Set timer TC4 to call the TC4_Handler every 5ms: (8 * (29999 + 1)) / 48MHz = 5ms
void setup() {
  PORT->Group[PORTA].DIRSET.reg = PORT_PA21;               // Set D7 as a digital output

GCLK->CLKCTRL.reg = GCLK_CLKCTRL_CLKEN |                 // Enable GCLK0 for TC4 and TC5
                      GCLK_CLKCTRL_GEN_GCLK0 |             // Select GCLK0 at 48MHz
                      GCLK_CLKCTRL_ID_TC4_TC5;             // Feed GCLK0 output to TC4 and TC5
  while (GCLK->STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);                       // Wait for synchronization

TC4->COUNT16.CC[0].reg = 29999;                          // Set the TC4 CC0 register as the TOP value in match frequency mode
  while (TC4->COUNT16.STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);                // Wait for synchronization

NVIC_SetPriority(TC4_IRQn, 0);    // Set the Nested Vector Interrupt Controller (NVIC) priority for TC4 to 0 (highest)
  NVIC_EnableIRQ(TC4_IRQn);         // Connect TC4 to Nested Vector Interrupt Controller (NVIC)

TC4->COUNT16.INTENSET.reg = TC_INTENSET_OVF;             // Enable TC4 overflow (OVF) interrupts

TC4->COUNT16.CTRLA.reg |= TC_CTRLA_PRESCSYNC_PRESC |     // Reset timer on the next prescaler clock
                            TC_CTRLA_PRESCALER_DIV8 |      // Set prescaler to 8, 48MHz/8 = 6MHz
                            TC_CTRLA_WAVEGEN_MFRQ |        // Put the timer TC4 into match frequency (MFRQ) mode 
                            TC_CTRLA_MODE_COUNT16;         // Set the timer to 16-bit mode      
  while (TC4->COUNT16.STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);                // Wait for synchronization

TC4->COUNT16.CTRLA.bit.ENABLE = 1;                       // Enable the TC4 timer
}

void loop() {}

void TC4_Handler()                                         // Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) for timer TC4
{      
  //if (TC4->COUNT16.INTFLAG.bit.OVF && TC4->COUNT16.INTENSET.bit.OVF)       // Optionally check for overflow (OVF) interrupt      
  //{   
    PORT->Group[PORTA].OUTTGL.reg = PORT_PA21;             // Toggle the D7 output
    TC4->COUNT16.INTFLAG.reg = TC_INTFLAG_OVF;             // Clear the OVF interrupt flag
  //}
}