How to increase motor torque?

Hi Good day :)! I've been working on a bluetooth car. I used a 9 volt 70 milliamp motor. I am using an l298n motor driver. The rpm is good but the torque is not. Is there anyway to increase the torque?
Thanks!

What is your power supply voltage (the old L298 might drop 2 or more volts)? What is the voltage at the motor terminals?

Increase the power (watts) to the motor is the answer. Please post a schematic showing all power and ground connections, no frizzy thing. With this information we can give you a more definitive answer.

gabriel0417:
Hi Good day :)! I've been working on a bluetooth car. I used a 9 volt 70 milliamp motor. I am using an l298n motor driver. The rpm is good but the torque is not. Is there anyway to increase the torque?
Thanks!

Is the motor actually getting 9V?

If so then all you can do is find a more powerful motor, speed x torque = power.

If you were prepared to accept lower speeds, reduction gearing will trade speed for torque
at the expense of some losses.

BTW 70mA for a motor sounds very very little. This is likely a very weak tiny motor not designed
for traction applications.

Normally when designing something you figure out or measure the necessary speed and
torque requirements, then choose the motor, then choose the right motor driver...

The L298n drops around 4 volts. From 12 volts the motor gets 8 volts.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.