How to isolate the output voltage from Digital Potentiometer?

Hi Everyone,
I am new to elctronics and currently doing a project to control the voltage using digital potentiometer using bluetooth module HC-05. I have managed to get the 4 diffrent voltages from 0 - 5 V. 0, 1.25, 2.50, 3.75, and 5V. I am going to control a big DC motor. And I need help how I can connect my board with the high voltage motor such that there is less interference and my circuit will not burnt up.
Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,
I am new to elctronics and currently doing a project to control the voltage using digital potentiometer using bluetooth module HC-05. I have managed to get the 4 diffrent voltages from 0 - 5 V. 0, 1.25, 2.50, 3.75, and 5V. I am going to control a big DC motor. And I need help how I can connect my board with the high voltage motor such that there is less interference and my circuit will not burnt up.
Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

There are a lot of possible solutions. you state you got the four voltages, what are they for. You have a big DC motor, is it 100Hp, 1/4Hp? That has an effect on the noise etc. What is driving the "high voltage" motor, what voltage is it? How much current does it require, How far apart are these devices, what is the reliability requirements. are there safety concerns? You should share a schematic, not a frizzy drawing with links to the components.

I answered in a post you put up in another area. Please answer those questions if you want help. It is not nice to post multiple times, it takes resources away from somebody else that plays by the rules.

Threads merged.

Without answers to the questions we cannot help you!

As the first step, you will need the proper motor driver, learn to wire and power it correctly, and finally learn how to control the motor using it.

jremington:
As the first step, you will need the proper motor driver, learn to wire and power it correctly, and finally learn how to control the motor using it.

Thanks for the reply, the motor is connected through a motor driver and I need help with signal conditional from the output of the potentiometer.

You have not posted any useful information.

For help, post links to the motor driver, motor, power supply and a clear, hand drawn schematic of the circuit you have so far.

I used optocouplers for the isolation and conditioning of the output signals from the potentiometer. I also used diode and transistor.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.