How to keep wires fixed in socket

I need to have the Neutral and Live wires from the power socket go into this Power Unit. The black cable is the power cable from a printer unit. The blue and white cables feed into the power unit. I've tested it and it works but I need a fix where the cables don't wiggle around and disconnect from the power cable.

Any suggestions?

Tie-wrap? Hot-melt glue?

Allan

Seems you can remove the blue/white wires from that supply (I see screw holes).

Cut off the connector, and connect the power wires directly to the supply.
Leo..

Solder? Tape? Heat-shrink tubing?

Marciokoko:
Any suggestions?

The usual procedure is to obtain (use) "appropriate" (suitable) connectors on both sides. Ones that can interlock, or are strong enough to stay connected reliably.

Being it’s mains power, a secure connection with no exposed conductors is the only way to go. Are you using that cord for your printer still?

Being the unit uses blue and white for it’s wires, is it polarity sensitive? (Hint: that power cord isn’t).

The blue and white wires I put in there, they didn't come with the power supply.

Yes I know the best option would be to get the connectors. I was just thinking of a temporary solution (2 days) for testing while I get the connectors. I just got the parts and I'm itching to try out the valve with the PLC.

That twin connector you show looks more like a twin 3.5mm jack socket

Hi,

Yes I know the best option would be to get the connectors. I was just thinking of a temporary solution (2 days) for testing while I get the connectors. I just got the parts and I'm itching to try out the valve with the PLC.

What connectors, that power supply needs a lead directly from it to your mains .

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Cut the connector off the mains lead, strip the ends, screw into the power unit (lose those blue/white wires).

However such a unit is not intended to be free-standing in a domestic environment, it is intended to be
mounted on a DINrail and inside a box, so that the mains wiring is away from prying fingers.

The mains lead you use should be fused if the unit doesn't have its own fuse protection.

The red and black wires on the opposite side may be the mains wires. It would be nice if the OP would explain in more detail what is what.

Chop the connector. Use wire nuts if it's temporary.