How to know which pin is LCD backlight control on UCtronic i2C LCD board?

I am a relative newcomer to programming with Arduino and I like it. I have just struggled through but found success at last interfacing a 1602 16 x 2 LCD display with an Uctronics UC-145 i2C controller.

The table shows the pin designations for my LCD on top and the UC-146 i2C pinouts on the second line.

| LCD # | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | | | VSS | VDD | VO | RS | RW | E | DB0 | DB1 | DB2 | DB3 | DB4 | DB5 | DB6 | DB7 | BL1 | BL2 | | 2iC | VSS | VDD | VO | RS | RW | E | Do | D1 | D2 | Dw | D4 | D5 | D6 | D7 | A | K |

Using FMPartida's newest LiquidCrystal library and the following construct information I got the display to work properly: lcd(0x27, 2, 1, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, POSITIVE)

Am I supposed to be able to tell from the pinout table which pin controls the backlight on my lcd?

Seeking to learn.

Thank you

Matadormac, Alcalde, NM

Matadormac: Am I supposed to be able to tell from the pinout table which pin controls the backlight on my LCD?

You are presumably referring to this module? Says "UC-146" to me, but that is a trivial point.

As is almost standard, the backlight anode and cathode are pins 15 and 16. Your LCD will have resistors R8 and/ or R9 on it, one of which will be "101", being 100 ohms and means that you need no other current limiting for the LED. The jumper disables the backlight (if removed!).

But since you have the correct descriptor, why does this matter?

Note that the I2C address selection links are the three (solder) jumper pairs in the bottom right of that board. Also that pin 1 is the one with the square pad on the top right.