How to make 120 VAC PWM Dimmer

Hello, I imagine by now this has been covered very many times but I can not seem to find the information i'am looking for. I would like to dim my 120 VAC light bulbs with my arduino or an esp8266. I'am very new to this but from what I have gathered I can either use a zero cross circuit or some sort of a MOSFET but unfortunately all the schematics I find are for 230 VAC main voltage. Due to my limited knowledge and understanding i'am unsure what changes would need to be made ( if any ) for the different voltage's. If any one can provide any help or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

lwrc96:
Due to my limited knowledge and understanding i'am unsure what changes would need to be made ( if any ) for the different voltage's.

If you're making statements like this, it might be a good idea to try looking for an off the shelf solution rather than trying to make it yourself from scratch. Mains voltages are dangerous for someone who doesn't understand what they're playing with.
At the very least, there are pre-built modules which separate the high power section from the logic level section to at leave give some level of safety margin.