How to make a hand held billing device using arduino/any processor?

Please give me details of above project. Iā€™m exhausted in searching on internet as there is no clue of that device working/schematics etc.Thanks in advance :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

handheld billing machine.jpg

What's it to do? Write a requirements specification, flesh out the components needed as you go.

This smells like an academic assignment. It's hardly something you'd do for personal use, and if it was for a commercial application you'd already be talk to payment providers and know what sort of hoops they're going to make you jump through before they will accept payments from a third party device.

It should just print a small slip of paper by typing with a keypad.A display of contents should be present.Please help me.
@CrossRoads

I don't wanna make a debit/credit card billing device.These devices are generally used in hotels to give token to the customers as a small printed slip.It mainly contains LCD,Keypad and a micro printer( i really dunno what it is).I do wanna make this using arduino.
@PeterH

You need to identify the main part first - the printer mechanism to be used.

deekshithreddy22:
These devices are generally used in hotels to give token to the customers as a small printed slip.

I've never encountered a device like that, but if all you want is the ability to make a printed equivalent of a hand-written note then you would need a screen, keypad and hand-held printer and some sort of controller to connect them all to. Maybe that controller could be an Arduino, if you find a set of devices that are all compatible with it.

But where can i find that type of printer :astonished: :frowning:

You need to identify the main part first - the printer mechanism to be used.-- what is this mean and i dunno where to start sir

Citizen?
Brother?

Check out this project I did a while back using a printer.

I used a library from a website called Bildr .
http://bildr.org/2011/08/thermal-printer-arduino/
This is a thermal printer, so no ink needed.

Thank you so much mates. I got to it.Love you all.
And can anyone help me out to buy a very cheap thermal printer which should cost me around $ 8=500/- in indian rupees.

I bought mine from Sparkfun. Thermal Printer - COM-14970 - SparkFun Electronics
The cost was about $50 US.