How to make a infinite power arduino?

IS this right?

http://tinyurl.com/2caqe4j

Needs MSN i think! ;D

Who knows, what the heck is a "movement power generator"?

But if you're trying to use a motor to charge a battery that powers the motor then no, you can't.

Rob

There's something called the conservation of energy.

As electrical energy is 'used' by the arduino (transfered into other types of energy) and is lost through inefficiencies of motors (among other things), there would be less energy going to the motor, then less going back into the battery.

Mowcius

Well, there is some research into using vibrations and physical movement of electronic devices to power them, in the manner of a self-winding watch. However, they tend to be ultra-low power devices -- much less power hungry than an Arduino.

True, but that was not quite what was asked ;)

You could easily generate enough energy to power an arduino and charge some batteries with a nice solar panel too.

there is some research into using vibrations and physical movement of electronic devices to power them

Maybe that's what the "movement power generator" is, but then adding a motor wouldn't make sense, unless you put a flux capacitor in series.

Come on myedu, let us in on the secret :)

Rob

IS this right?

No.

There is not enough power output from a movement power source to even think about powering an arduino let alone charge a battery at the same time.

Grumpy_Mike, you got to 21 posts! ;D

Grumpy_Mike, you got to 21 posts!

I bet only 1 or 10 people will get the joke...

Hi James, Yes I did notice but I couldn't post the face without destroying it. ;)