HOW TO MAKE A LIGHTHOUSE RISE VERTICALLY

I have to make a lighthouse of 300mm maximum at the beginning and with a push botton I have to activate it and make it to rase vertically, I don't now what mechanism would be usefull for this project. Any idea ??

Where is the rest of the story?

Paul

A linear actuator?

Or could could rig up a DC motor to drive a threaded shaft with a nut on it that raises the lighthouse. But then you have basically built a linear actuator.

I cannot use a linear actuator because the rod would protrude above the headlight, and I want a system that does not protrude from inside the headlight

SamyTech:
I cannot use a linear actuator because the rod would protrude above the headlight, and I want a system that does not protrude from inside the headlight

What is there about a linear actuator that makes you think something would protrude above the headlight? Exactly what is it you want to build?

Paul

The headlight is for a competition, and nothing can stand out above.

Please answer the question, or do I have to ask it again?

Paul

Is there any limitation on how wide it can be? :slight_smile:

In the linear actuator composed of a threaded rod and a stepper motor the rod would have to protrude above the lighthouse until the height I want it to rise. There is a limitacion of 125mm.

Perhaps a drawing of your project would help. We can’t see it.

Paul

C4?

At the beginning the lighthouse have a limit of 300mm and when I press the buttom it has to elevate at least at the height of 700 like shown on the picture.

img: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Your attempt to post a picture failed. Add it as an attachment.

There’s a lot of requirements that haven’t been listed.
No need to protrude. Choose your weapon.
How about a drawing or a photo of your lighthouse, then we can see your imagined challenge.

aarg:
Your attempt to post a picture failed. Add it as an attachment.

Not necessary.

You just have to use a link to the picture, not the Web page. :roll_eyes:

I only have the PVC tubes buyed that will build up the lighthouse, I don't have any other thing buyed because I don't now how to do the mechanism.

Is there an Arduino involved?

Yes, I will use an arduino

Did you fail to tell us you are using telescoping PVC tubes and the collapsed height is 300 mm and the extended height is 700 mm?

If so, how many telescoping tubes can you use?

Paul

There is no limitation on the number of tubes