How to make a rc radio with arduino and a 2.4Ghz RX and TX module..??

I have a Futaba radio transmitter which is a 5 channel radio, but I need more 2 extra channels.. :(

as that is hard to take out more 2 channels I would like to make a transmitter with arduino and output signals in PPM mode and feed it to a 2.4Ghz module to transmit it to the rx module..

I would like to remove the futaba's circuit out and put arduino and only use the transmitter's sticks and switches... and transmit the PPM signal either with the existing RF module or use another 8 channel 2.4Ghz RF module... Please help me out with this...

or, don't take anything apart, don't reinvent the wheel and just do it this way -

http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-read-rc-receiver-with_25.html

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

That's one usefull way of doing it, a method i have used before is to use the trims at full swing to activate a trigger, this is easier if your radio has ratchet trims otherwise it can be a pain.

my 14th scale Tamiya truck used the trim method so i ended up wiring shortcut switched to the pots inside with resistors to mimic the functions, most transmitters are 8ch anyway, just not wired, if you look at the output with a scope you'll see the extra 3ch's there just not doing anything.

the PPM signal is available through the trainer socket on the back of the transmitter for a non invasive method of getting the data, or get some nRF2401 modules, they are easy to work with and alot of cheap rc systems use them anyway

The way u said is right...

But i need a full separate channel which will not just be on or off. Instead would like to use a rotary switch on it with resistors which will give out different pwm valuer output from the receiver.

I used one of my Zigduino board for remote control on my Zigroller project. I talked about how I did it in this blog post. You can then use the Arduino servo library to output the PPM on the receiving end.

This is the module which I am using…

That bigger box with an LED is the TX module and the small white one is the reciever…

On the tx there are three wires… ORANGE RED and BROWN.

ORANGE — PPM SIGNAL INPUT
RED — +ev SUPPLY
BROWN — GND

Now I want to program the arduino duemilanove to output PPM signals via one pin and feed it to the input of the tx module…

and have Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Pitch and Aux 1 , Aux2 and etc connected to other pins…

This is the main thing what I am trying to do actually…

Please help me with this…

I posted about this on a forum a long time back there you can see I got a reply with a circuit which uses a PIC chip to expand the channels of a tx…

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270305

This expander circuit below uses PIC 12F615 which is not easily available. So can the same thing be done with an arduino…??