how to make IR remote

hello
i am trying to make IR remote just same as other remotes, i have gone through multiple messages but all speak of how to decode IR signals from a already built remote. i want to generate IR signal then a sensor to sense them. sensor part is known to me, i want to build remote. kindly help me out in building IR remote so that i can generate specific signals of my need. kindly share the code also if available. i m using Atmega328 board with 16MHz crystal and want to generate signals of 38KHz.

What library are you working with?

Have you exhausted Google?

example:

This project I did some time ago may help you: Big Button Remote Control – Part 1 – Design and Prototype – Arduino++

to LarryD and marco_c

i don't whether i was able to make you understand my problem to you or not. may b i am just at amature level so i couldn't understand the exact design what you people suggested.

i just wanted to make a remote stuff having like 9 key and IR transmitter/LED that would emit IR signals different for each key for multiple purpose at 38 KHz. and i could possibly change the codes of each key as per my requirement.

if possible can you people help by sending a detailed procedure(how should i start) with code and circuit. because that doing settings with oscilloscope stuff was out of my mind.

if required : vikas.jangid78@gmail.com

The link I gave in post #2 has the discussion 'How to send'
This shows you an example of sending a button code out to your IR LED.

We will help you with your project but you will have to ask specific questions with what you are having trouble with.

I think you might want to read a bit more on IR control:

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/IR-RemoteControl

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ir-communication

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_IRremote.html

if possible can you people help by sending a detailed procedure(how should i start) with code and circuit.

1. Start by doing a google search. You say you have done this? There is a lot of information out there for IR. 'Arduino IR transmit circuit' seems to be a good start.

2. Understand the whole IR technology. The links LarryD gave are a good start. You need to 'send' a code that will be understood by the receiver and there are standards for this, so arbitrarily changing what you send may not achieve much.

3. If you want help on this forum it usually helps to show what you have done so far. It also helps to describe the whole application rather than what you think you need. It is rare that someone inexperienced is approaching the problem in the right way and they are probably making complications.

hello

i went through all the links u guys had listed, thanks for it, they were really useful. now finally i could figure out something.

i am working with NEC protocol, and now making a remote of my own with following codes of each switch.
now please let me know for sending how should i make them key specific, like if switch 1 is pressed 1st code must be transmitted and switch 2 is pressed 2nd code must be transmitted and so on. and what must be replaced in place of nbits. and also how should i connect so many switch to arduino and IR LED. please do the needful changes in following code.

#include <IRremote.h>

IRsend irsend;

void setup()
{
}

void loop() {
void sendNEC(0xFF30CF, int nbits);
delay(5000); //5 second delay between each signal burst
void sendNEC(0xFF18E7, int nbits);
delay(5000);
void sendNEC(0xFF7A85, int nbits);
delay(5000);
void sendNEC(0xFF02FD, int nbits);
delay(5000);
void sendNEC(0xFFC23D, int nbits);
delay(5000);
}

vikas_jangid:
how should i make them key specific, like if switch 1 is pressed 1st code must be transmitted and switch 2 is pressed 2nd code must be transmitted and so on.

like this

if switch 1 is pressed
1st code must be transmitted

if switch 2 is pressed
2nd code must be transmitted

and so on

vikas_jangid:
also how should i connect so many switch to arduino and IR LED.

breadboard

vikas_jangid:
please do the needful changes in following code.

That's funny right there.