How to make single 360 degree turn of single / double spiral motor?

single / double spiral motors are used in vending machines, I am able to run the motor but I am having problem in making a single 360o turn. what kind of signal I have to pass to achieve this?

Image attached

Attach a micro switch at an appropriate location, monitor the switch contacts.

Post a link to the datasheet for the motor.

It may already have a detector (microswitch or optical detector) that can be used to identify the position.

…R

It is having a microswitch, so, you are saying when the switch is turn on (any change), I should stop power supply (but how to do that?)

Thanks for the reply.

How do you control the motor? Post a schematic and links to the components.

The Arduino can simply read the switch and do whatever is required for open or closed states.

bhagwanparge:
It is having a microswitch, so, you are saying when the switch is turn on (any change), I should stop power supply (but how to do that?)

If you route the power for the motor through the microswitch it will automatically stop when the switch is triggered.

...R

However it will then be stuck forever!

You need to implement a state-machine in software to handle driving the motor I think...

States include stopped & running, clearly.
You probably have to drive the motor for a short period before starting to obey the switch,
so that it can start the next cycle without immediately stopping! Thus running has two substates,
the first to run till the switch is off again, then the second to run until the switch triggers,
which puts you in the stopped state.