How to map hex codes to buttons on an IR transmitter?

I have an IR remote and an IR sensor wired up, I took this code from a website and I need to modify it so it accepts the hex values that the remote is transmitting, but I don't know how to get the hex values that my remote is sending.

Thanks for the help!

jremington:
A Multi-Protocol Infrared Remote Library for the Arduino

I'm confused... You linked me to a library that I already have without telling me anything?

There is an example, that comes with the library, which displays the values to the serial monitor.

You linked me to a library that I already have without telling me anything?

I linked you to a page containing lots of useful information, in addition to a link to a library. Sometimes it helps to browse around and actually read stuff on the web!

I took this code from a website

What code? What website?

AMurloc:
I have an IR remote and an IR sensor wired up, I took this code from a website and I need to modify it so it accepts the hex values that the remote is transmitting, but I don't know how to get the hex values that my remote is sending.

Thanks for the help!

If you thought you actually showed any code or linked to any website, you failed miserably.

Show what you have, show what results you are getting, show something. That's how asking for help works.