How to move/ control/ adjust light position

Hi!

Fairly new to the forum and to Arduino.

I'd like to ask what possible arduino items i would need for this setup.

• 2 spot lights for scooter use
  • spot lights move in 3 positions: low beam, high beam, and very high beam

See how it works in here:

Refer to 0:00 until 0:30.

It's not clear from your video whether the brightness of the lights is changed or if the lights are swivelled so that they are aimed at different distances.

Altering the brightness will be the easiest, but we would need to know the operating voltage for the lights and the current (amps) that they draw at full brightness.

...R

Robin2:
It's not clear from your video whether the brightness of the lights is changed or if the lights are swivelled so that they are aimed at different distances.

Altering the brightness will be the easiest, but we would need to know the operating voltage for the lights and the current (amps) that they draw at full brightness.

...R

Hi,
The lights turn on once swiveled, once turned on, there are some fixed angles or positions the stepper motor stops into (sorry not sure what the angles are however, so I'm assuming similar to beam angles in a car, such as low beam, high beam and very high beam).

The lights are powered by a 12v source.

Reply #2 suggests that you need a relay to turn the lights on or off and a servo to swivel the lights to the appropriate angle.

...R

Robin2:
Reply #2 suggests that you need a relay to turn the lights on or off and a servo to swivel the lights to the appropriate angle.

...R

Thanks Robin! Appreciate it.